Skilled Employer Sponsored Regional (Provisional) Visa
The Skilled Employer Sponsored Regional (Provisional) Visa (subclass 494) will provide the applicant and their family members with a right to live, work in Regional areas in Australia for 5 years. This visa provides a pathway to its holders on being eligible to apply for a Skilled Regional Permanent Residency Visa (subclass 191) after 3 years. The Skilled Employer Sponsored Regional (Provisional) (subclass 494) has replaced the Regional Sponsored Migration Scheme (RSMS) (Subclass 187) as at 16 November 2019.
- Have a suitable skills assessment of your occupation
- at least three years of full time and relevant skilled work experience
- Must be aged 44 or under
- Must have at least competent English
- Meet the health and character requirements
- Paid back your debt to the Australian Government (if any)
- Sign the Australian values statement
- Not have had a visa or previous application refused
PATHWAY TO PERMANENT RESIDENCY
Applicants holding this visa, must have completed at least 3 years of employment in Regional Australia, together with all other conditions attached to this visa and have a met the minimum taxable income requirement in order to be eligible to apply for the Permanent Residence (Skilled Regional) visa (subclass 191)
SKILLED REGIONAL VISA
As at 16 November 2019, the Department of Home Affairs has suspended the Regional Sponsored Migration Scheme visa (subclass 187) and that it is no longer available for new applications. Applicants, currently holding subclass 489 prior to 16 November 2019, are still eligible to apply for the permanent Skilled Regional Visa (subclass 887).